Novo-Diveevo (or "Stavropighial Russian Orthodox Convent of the Dormition Novo-Diveevo", as it's formally known as) is located approximately 23 miles north of New York City. The founder of the convent was Archbishop Andrei of Rockland, then Protopresbyter Adrian Rimarenko (Elder Nektary of Optina reposed to the Lord under his epitrachelion). In 1949, as a multitude of refugees arrived in America, ROCOR’s First Hierarch Metropolitan Anastasy entrusted Fr. Adrian to build a spiritual center. A former Roman Catholic monastery was purchased and a Russian convent was founded. There are two churches on the property; the “small church” as it is known is named in honor of the Dormition. The main church (which was given the distinction of being a cathedral in 2016) was built in honor of the Venerable Saint Seraphim of Sarov. Church services are held every day at the convent. The convent is home to the largest Russian Orthodox cemetery in the Diaspora. An Adult Home is also operated by the convent. The convent has many sacred items including: a full-length portrait of St. Seraphim of Sarov painted during his lifetime, a cross from the Ipatiev House, and the “Vladimir” icon of the Holy Theotokos that belonged to Saint Ambrose of Optina.